[pct-l] Handshakes

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Feb 10 19:13:54 CST 2012

I share the same anecdotal experience as you. Similar childhood and I
never get sick. I'm going to have to take some "mental health" time
if I ever want to use my sick leave.

All of you worrying about touching other hiker's germy hands are
worrying too much. Hikers know about the fist-bump and pouring gorp
out into your hand. They don't try to shake your hand, usually. If
one does and you are thinking of all those germs, no biggie. Just use
some hand sanitizer.