[pct-l] PCT backpack selection

Jim Banks jbanks4 at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 2 17:07:24 CST 2012

Joe, these are two of the most popular packs on the trail.  Either one would
be a great choice.  You can get a large bear can in the Catalyst
horizontally.  If you can make it from one resupply point to another in the
Sierras with the small bear can, then the Circuit would probably be the best
choice.  If you are going to use the large bear can, then I would recommend
the Catalyst, but people do use the Circuit with the large can.  I have the
Catalyst and I love it.   I do about 300-400 mile sections each year.  When
I get north of Echo Summit I think I will switch to a Circuit, just to save
a little weight.

I-Beam