[pct-l] Winter hiking in S.Cal.

halmargolis at aol.com halmargolis at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 19:30:46 CST 2012

Hi Terry,?
?? A couple of ideas about winter hiking in my area:
??? 1.? If doing the PCT, consider areas?northbound from Agua Dulce to Highway 138 where the PCT drops down to the desert. Elevations are mostly 2k to 4k but up higher near Libre Mountain where it drops down to the desert. On my walk, I spent a pleasant night at the crosssing over?Elizabeth Canyon where a stream must certainly be running this winter.
?
??? 2.? Also consider trekking through the Santa Monica Mountains where elevations do not go higher than 3100'. If interested, I can send you a guidebooks of both the Backbone Trail and the similar, but longer,?One Hundred Mile Route.? I've written guide books on both routes and can send either or both of them to you at cost.
?
Hal "Green Hornet" Margolis