[pct-l] Android phone

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 15:23:07 CST 2012

Seems you answered your own question.

My Droid RAZR Maxx will use GPS in airplane mode. I got it from Verizon,
which I believe is the system Sprint uses/resells, a CDMA system.

Dan Jacobs

On Dec 29, 2012 12:23 PM, "belcherjd at juno.com" <belcherjd at juno.com> wrote:

> Let me try this again.
> Has anyone used a Sprint phone for their GPS??

>... according to Sprint themselves, none of their phones will work for
this purpose because their phones are programmed and wired such that they
will not work in true GPS mode (airplane mode turned off/ out of cell tower
range) only as "assisted GPS".
> At one of the Sprint stores I went to the manager took the time to try
EVERY smartphone in the store to see if we could get any of them to access
the GPS chip while in airplane mode and not one would do it.
> Two of my daughters have Sprint phones and neither of theirs will work in
GPS if in airplane mode and/or out of range.