[pct-l] HFCS and hydrogenated free Tortillas

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Sat Dec 29 13:26:06 CST 2012

In reading through the list I noticed that SteelEye had suggested tortillas
as a trail food source - they do have the disadvantage of being 30%
moisture...  but what I found interesting was: I had tried wheat and corn
tortillas, but found them after a couple days to become "do I have to eat
those things again." His suggestion was to go the multi-grain route. Hadn't
thought about such. So, yesterday while doing the weekly shopping at WinCo,
found LaTortilla Factory multi-grain "Smart & Delicious Softwarps". They
come 6 per bag - so far have eaten 3 - and can imagine eating them for a
protracted time on the trail (never had that thought about the other types).
But what I found interesting about them is that: they use olive oil, and no
partially or fully hydrogenated oils; likewise, use cane sugar and no HFCS
[don't know about others, but my body does not like HFCS]. All the others -
there must be 60 different types of tortillas to choose form - used one or
the other or both (thanks, but no thanks).  Just an observation.

TheDuck