[pct-l] 2013

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:40:48 CST 2012

Sounds like you have the most important item - a screaming desire to hike
the trail, for the rest:

I would recommend - for bear canister - if you go to kick-off (hitch back)
you can buy it there (BV500) and it will be shipped to you at Kennedy
Meadows.  You even typically get a discount if you buy at kick-off.

For water system I'd go with the sawyer filter system - don't use their
bags.

For ice axe - camp corsa - its light and will do the job required for the
PCT.

Rain gear is a tough call - I use frogg togg tops and a rain skirt bottom -
but there are lots of other options too.

I just took extra batteries, seemed lighter and easier, but I didn't carry
a lot of electronics either, so can't help with the solar charger.

Enjoy - it will be one of the great adventures of your life.

Day-Late