[pct-l] Protein powders and eBlogging

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:20:41 CST 2012

Gord asked: “Question - has anyone used Protein Powders as base food for
thru - hiking
PCT?”

I did that for a fair bit but just got tired of the hassle of using it as
well as the need for resupply boxes.  When I stopped doing a protein shake
for breakfast I noticed no difference, so … KISS principle ...

Robin asked w.r.t. blogging on trail:

“Is my only option to write up my blog text on trail, then publish with
photos when I get to a computer in towns?”

Last I looked, trailjournals.com was still a bit of a PITA to use on a
mobile device, but postholer.com works well, either via direct input in the
mobile version of the site or via email message post.  All of my thru-hike
journals are on postholer, you can have a look at what can be done from the
trail using a smartphone using mine as one example:
www.postholer.com/brianle

       Brian Lewis / Gadget