[pct-l] backpacks

Matt Signore mpsignore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 08:56:22 CST 2012

I would first try a ULA Catalyst.  If that doesn't fit your torso properly
go to an Osprey.  When I fit people for packs I say " bring me your
furniture then we can find your house".  So, basically take all your stuff
to an outfitter with a great pack selection ULA fits a different torso
shape than Osprey.  Granite Gear fits similar shapes as ULA.  However,
unless the GG dealer is a "Gold Star" dealer they may not have all the
different shoulder strap sizes necessary to ensure a proper fit.  I use ULA
packs for over 22k miles, and have yet to be disappointed.

Having worked at outfitters along the AT, and fitting 1,000's of people for
packs.  It is my opinion that ULA is by far the best pack brand.  If you
don't have a ULA dealer near you travel to one.  Making the right pack
choice is real important.

Worldwide

--
Matt Signore