[pct-l] Defy XT Smart Phone - good for hiking?

bert courson bertcourson at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 23 12:33:59 CST 2012

I found this smart phone and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it? Republic Wireless offers this phone for a cheap monthly fee. The phone is 2 year old technology but is said to have good battery life, is light, and is water/dust proof! On first inspection it seems to fit my checklist for a phone I would carry while backpacking.
http://www.phonedog.com/2012/11/19/republic-wireless-now-open-to-everyone-motorola-defy-xt-available-for-pre-order/

Speedbump
"Everyone must believe in something, I believe I'll go canoeing." - Henry David Thoreau