[pct-l] bacon bits

Steve Rolfe steve.rolfe at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 16:00:51 CST 2012

Aaron,

My anecdotal experience is bacon bits can handle many weeks at room
temperatures without refrigeration.  I personally wouldn't bother with an
oxygen absorber.  And, since I really like bacon bits, I think they are a
great idea.

In my dim memory of my youth as a Boy Scout there used to be both "bacon
bars" and "beef bars" in small aluminum wrapped packages.  The bacon bars
were great.  The beef bars tasted better after several days on the trail and
when we were really hungry.

Steve