[pct-l] Boot suggestions?

Aaron Nicholson aaronjamesnicholson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:01:43 CST 2012

Thru-hiking in 2013 and looking for some sturdy, waterproof, HIGH-TOP
boots.  (I have a tendency to roll my ankles, so no trail runners for me).
I bought a pair of Columbia Crescents and they leak like a sieve.  I used a
pair of Danner Pronghorns for my 2010 hike of the Oregon section of the PCT
(with no resupply whatsoever--VERY heavy pack) and they held up great, but
with 1500+ miles on them I really need some new ones for next year.  I'd go
with Danners again but they are a bit heavy...Any suggestions?

Aaron J. Nicholson