[pct-l] Public Notice

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 17:13:59 CST 2012

Trail Hacker writes:  When I hiked down Fuller Ridge I looked for Switchback's family but I must have missed them. Not a Trike, nor swimming pool, nor a ultra soft hotel mattress did I see. But there must have been pirates hidden because by the time I got to the bottom my strength had been robbed and my patience was gone.
Switchback replies: Yes, this is how we Switchback Pirates operate.  We are like Ninja warriors of the trail.  Never seen, but always present.  Always felt.  Always near.  Always in the mist and fog.  Always noticed when it is too late.  This partly from the he-man mountainman aroma and sexual tension we silently broadcast to  trail women  --- they have no defense.  They know exactly what I mean, even though they try to act indifferent and noncommittal.

And so it goes on the trail for thousands of years.  I don't make these rules.  It is just the way it is.