[pct-l] Looking for Hiking Partner

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Wed Dec 12 12:24:14 CST 2012

Alexandra wrote:

"Since I am young and a woman, I
 would not like to hike the trail alone and my friends are all quite
busy"

You won't have any trouble finding a partner--if you go to the PCT
kickoff in April at Lake Morena and get to know people, that is a good
starting point. The best partners are found while you are hiking the
trail--you just naturally tend to keep running into the same people
because you hike at the same rate, have the same plans for camping,
etc.

That said, don't feel paranoid about hiking alone as a woman on the
trail. I have been doing it for over 40 years and have never had any
problems.There are a lot of fellow hikers out there that you will run
into every day on the PCT--it is a well populated trail with many
trail angels.
--Fireweed