[pct-l] AM I LOST???

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Dec 6 21:09:00 CST 2012

Yes Switchback,....what you are describing are typical old age problems,
however,........
[pct-l] You are still young Switchback...I can't understand why you
already have those problems.

I am much older than you but don't seem to have any of the old age problems
that you are describing, and I am still hiking strong

The funny thing,...sometimes when I'm on the trail I find myself wondering...
what am I doing here?....why am I carrying a pack?....where am I?.
Am I on the JMT or the PCT?,....or am I maybe on the CDT or AT????
Let's see now,....am I supposed to be going north or south...hhhmmm.

Am I lost?.....NEVER....I am never lost....not me,....not JMT Reinhold.
I may not know exactly "where" I am, but I am not lost...not JMT Reinhold.
I KNOW WHERE I AM....I am somewhere on the North American Continent...I just
don't know exactly where.

BUT I AM NOT LOST....NOT ME.....NOT JMT  REINHOLD

I just hope I never get that "Oldz timers" (Alzheimer) that Switchback is
suffering from.

JMT Reinhold
Your never lost trail companion
---------------------------------
Cat writes:
I've heard that with "Oldz timers" (Alzheimer) every adventure
is a new adventure.
Switchback replies: That is an excellent point.
The trouble is that the old heart starts racing.  You get dizzy.  You get
disoriented.  You do not know if you are coming or going.  You know you
feel good, but cannot remember why.
Out on the PCT that can be dangerous.
On a trike it is disastrous.