[pct-l] Tart Cherries vs Vitamin I

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 10:24:11 CST 2012

> Tart Cherry is definitely my atom bomb for inflammation.
> I find apples and onions effective also.

That brings up a good point with regard to using certain foods in place of pills and such.  A lot of antioxidants also have anti-inflammatory properties.  Juniper berries do, too, and you can find junipers in places along the PCT.  (If you decide to try using wild plants for anything, do your research!  You could easily kill yourself.)  Anyway, you might also look up which antioxidants do what.  Foods with nice colors, particularly red, orange, purple, and blue, will be high in antioxidants.  Then there's green tea.  I've heard that roibos tea also has anti-inflammatory properties.

-Nate the Trail Zombie
Newberg, OR