[pct-l] Tart Cherries vs Vitamin I

Jennifer Zimmerman jenniferlzim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:55:47 CST 2012

I agree. The idea that ingesting antioxidants translates to better
health seems to be one that is widely accepted without solid scientific
evidence to back it up.  I find it especially hard to believe that
fortifying processed foods with antioxidants delivers the same sort of
benefits (if any) as whole foods that naturally contain them.

This pseudoscience bothers me a lot less than some others, though, because
I don't see much downside to promoting more fruits and veggies in our diets.