[pct-l] overnight in angeles crest

Chris Anderson srhspaded at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 19:25:51 CST 2012

Depending on many miles you want to do, I like the mt. baldy/3 t's loop for dayhikes but it could be done as an overnighter with some added peaks thrown in, or just a solid 10 mile per day adventure.  If you want to up the challenge you can start at Baldy Village and hike the Bear Canyon trail to the summit, 6 miles 6000' elev., then take the devils backbone trail over to the road and connect to the 3 t's trail where you will be able to summit thunder, telegraph, and timber mtn. and could hike until you decide you want to camp anywhere along the way, or you could make it far enough to camp at icehouse saddle.  If you did that, you could set out and hike up to cucamonga peak, ontario peak, and/or bighorn peak, then back down icehouse canyon 3.4 miles to the trailhead and walk the road/hitch a ride back to your car.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat!