[pct-l] overnight in angeles crest

PCT shawonpct at msn.com
Wed Dec 5 18:19:43 CST 2012

Ryan,

If the snow isn't there yet, you could try the Nine Peaks. I did this over a
two day weekend. I doubt you'll have the water challenges I faced in the
summertime but expect it to be cold - it was when I did it. The hike starts
at the trailhead of San Bernardino Peak, takes you to the summit of nine
peaks over 10,000 ft culminating in San Gorgonio and the Vivian Creek trail
down to the road. It's 21 miles and over half of it is above 10000 ft. You
could do it the other way around of course. The challenge is logistics as
you'll probably need to leave one car at each trailhead unless you have a
support person who can drop you off and pick you up again. There is even a
Boy Scout badge you can get for doing it. There is plenty of information on
the web if simply search for "Nine Peaks hike".

Hope this helps

Peanut Eater