[pct-l] Washington

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 16:01:04 CDT 2012

Dear Miles,

I just hiked Stehekin to Manning Park last week.  We didn't have a drop of
rain, drinking water was plentiful but there are a few 6 mile sections of
no water so don't give up caution.  I only had a few mosquito bites.  The
Mule Tail Deer and Elk are friendly and didn't bother us but they did like
to lick our pee for the salt, I suppose.  I only took a few steps in the
snow but you can walk around it.  The water supply at mile 2646 was poor
but plentiful at mile 2645.  Everything else is very reliable.  The Canada
side of the PCT was an overgrown jungle but it was scheduled
for maintenance the day after we left.  We met the Rangers coordinating the
effort.

The weather was most likely an anomaly so prepare for rain.

Toga