[pct-l] Sleeping bag advice

Matt Signore mpsignore at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 22:03:06 CDT 2012

Ben,

One thing to consider.  Some sleeping bags have a continuous baffle
construction.  Meaning the individual baffles run from zipper to zipper
with nothing preventing the down from migrating from the top (where you
want it) to the bottom.

You might try unzipping the bag and hold the bag horizontally by the
zipper.  Then stroke the bottom of the bag in the same direction of the
baffles construction to transfer more down to the top of the bag.  I
personally like to have 80% of the down on the top half.  That should help.

Matt "Worldwide" Signore
Trail Bum / Dirtbag Climber
Mountain Crossings