[pct-l] Sleeping bag advice

Ben Ulsh ulshbdbd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 19:44:46 CDT 2012

Hello everyone,

I am in dire need of sleeping bag advice.  I recently purchased a Feathered
Friends Swallow that is rated to 20 degrees and slept cold in it on a
summer night that was probably around 40 - 45 degrees.  I am 5'9" 120 lbs.
with 0% body fat (X-country runner).  Now I am considering a Western
Mountaineering Apache which is rated to 15 degrees, has 19 oz. of down in
it, a draft collar, and weighs exactly 2 lbs. OR......A Feathered Friends
Humming Bird overstuffed from 14 oz. to 19 oz. of down that would come in
at under 2 lbs.    The FF doesn't have a draft collar but is slimmer cut
and is just $30 more.  Both the Apache and the Hummingbird are slimmer cut
than the swallow.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I am a little
embarrassed to be swimming in these details but need some expert advice.
 Much thanks!
-Ben