[pct-l] most hiker density ? where to do Oregon Trail Magic 8/18-19 ?

edjarrett at msn.com edjarrett at msn.com
Thu Aug 16 10:21:45 CDT 2012

I met 47 hikers heading north on the 11th as I headed south from Crater Lake
to a bit south of Devils Peak.  Most of them thruhikers.  That has been my
peak encounter rate.  Since we coming toward each other that covers 2 trail
days.  The majority of the encounters were toward the end of the day,
probably 20 after I started the ascent of Devils Peak.  Assuming the are
traveling 30 miles a day with a zero at Crater, that could give you a good
idea where that bubble will be in a few days.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Phone