[pct-l] most hiker density? where to do Oregon Trail Magic 8/18-19?

Maroozer McLooper bucket_water at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 13:14:52 CDT 2012

Hello,

Every year around this time I lurk onto PCT-l and flail about asking where anyone thinks we'll see the highest density of hikers not in a town (aka not trail days thing in cascade locks).
Almost every year my wife Bucket and I (Water) end up around early-mid september at Indian Heaven Wilderness NE edge by road 24/surprise lakes. Last year was sad we had more food than ever only 5 hikers.. (but we fed them real well). In prior years we had up to 12 and got cleaned out which is great.

We are talking a few hundred bucks worth of food, snacks, cookies, chips, brawts, burgers, bacon, pancakes, eggs, crossaints, pies, fresh fruit and salad, microbrews, sodas, fresh juice, etc. We'll put on a good TM this year but maybe won't buy as much if we're unsure. We are busy all of september weekends hence doing Trail Magic August 18-19th somewhere in Oregon (where??)

Any feedback? There seems no good singular tool to remotely assess where the hiker pack is, esp if you're not plugged into the community really following things (which I am not). All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Water & Bucket (AT `07)