[pct-l] Cheat Grass!

William Canavan wecanavan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:49:34 CDT 2012

Arrghhgh!  I just finished the section to Warner Springs and I tried hiking
without gaiters for heat considerations.  Bad idea!!!  I was always
stopping to pick cheat grass out of my shoes and socks the entire way
north.  I hate cheat grass (for you nerd heads out there I think it's
actually called downy brome).  There is so much of this stuff along the
trail that if it all disappeared overnight the state of California would
probably fall off into the sea.

So does anyone have an idea about how to avoid the cheat grass and not wear
gaiters at the same time?  And how far north will we still be encountering
this stuff?

Thanks,
Little Brown