[pct-l] Satellite Radio for a Thru-Hike

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Sun Apr 29 14:44:08 CDT 2012

Charlie,

Mountain Education uses them on all our skills training courses and the
Iridium performs flawlessly. We have been very thankful to have one along as
it has come in handy calling in medical evacs in the past. Nothing like a
little voice communication out of the back country to allay fears and
concerns!

Yes, they're heavy and expensive, but safety is our chief concern on all our
trips. Your call...