[pct-l] Average Pack Weight on PCT

Vicky Mattson vicky.mattson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 06:50:24 CDT 2012

I started last year with traditional backpack gear with a few concessions
to ultralight practices.  By CA section E I had traded my Lowa Pack for a
gossamer gear and my 6 lb 3 season tent to a 3 lb Big Agnes Fly creek ( I
hike with my son and husband so the shelter works out to about 1 lb each)
 It was expensive to downsize on the trail.  I felt like I had everything I
needed at about 9 - 10 lbs.  Including a hefty First Aid kit and a kitchen.

--
Vicky Mattson   740-818-6737
vickyandjay.blogspot.com