[pct-l] Update on VVR opening

Vermilion Valley Resort pct-l at edisonlake.com
Tue Apr 24 11:05:13 CDT 2012

Hi folks,

Our "official" opening to the general public is the Memorial Day weekend, but we will open to the hiking community for tent cabins, store, boat rentals and limited cafe by May 10th this year (which is 2 full weeks earlier than other years).

The general public usually can't visit VVR until the Forest Service opens the gate on Kaiser Pass road - and that is usually controlled by the electric company's plowing of the road.  However, the road is fairly snow free this year - the plowing will most likely go fast, and we may even see the gate open early this year.

If you're expecting to meet people at VVR on an early hike this year, please check out our website (http://edisonlake.com) or our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/vvr.edisonlake) to be alerted when the gate is open.

Hope that helps some of you early hikers this year!

Bill Richardson
Webmaster, VVR