[pct-l] Shoe Question

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Apr 23 08:22:53 CDT 2012

Good morning, Tim,

Zappos’ are more like highly-ventilated shoes than pure sandals like Teva
or Chaco.

PCT hikers use all of these -- particularly the Chacos – and have hiked the
entire trail in them, including across Sierra snowpack.  I really enjoy
hiking in sandals but for anything but training hikes I go with shoes.

I object to sandals primarily because I can’t keep the trash out.  Without
socks I can sometimes just shake loose the trash, but it’s worse when I
wear socks with them.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye