[pct-l] Solo Sierra...

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 16:45:47 CDT 2012

Joyce,

The SPOT is great.  In 2007, they had recently become available on the market. I was given one free by a rep of the manufacturer. All I was asked to do was press the "OK" button when I got to a camp each night. They put it on their website as advertisement. People could click on "see where Ed is now" and be able to look my location up on Google Maps - on satellite photographs. Having it also gave my wife peace of mind. I never had to use the "911" emergency button, since I never had an emergency. Of course, when I do the JMT this summer I will bring my SPOT.

MendoRider-Hiker