[pct-l] Injectable meds on trail

Dan C. aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Thu Apr 19 18:27:08 CDT 2012

Frodo,

I spoke to our local postmaster here in Alpine, 91901.  He stated that ther is no problem mailing prescription meds to yourself.  He suggested that you declare the liquid as non-harzardous.

I also found an unauthoritative writeup on the subject at: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_illegal_to_mail_prescription_drugs_to_yourself  It stated, "Is it illegal to mail prescription drugs to yourself?, You state that you are mailing them TO YOURSELF. You must be the patient and the prescription in your name - and the containers labelled in your name - it is legal if you are mailing them to yourself (i.e.- from your 'regular' home to a summer vacation cottage, for example). BUT, since they are addressed to YOU, no one has the authority to open and/or use them for themselves. You cannot claim ignorance if you are mailing them to yourself but have no real intention of being there to receive them. You could be considered to be knowingly 'aiding and abetting' a criminal offense if they are subsequently used by someone else at the receiving address. This answer is not meant to apply to mail sent into, or out of, the US. I have no knowledge of International Postal Regulations."

I recommend you have a copy of the script with the meds and on person.

Dan C. aka Thumper