[pct-l] Transportation in Campo

Dan C. aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Tue Apr 17 10:43:13 CDT 2012

Straw,

My recollection is that Hauser Creek Road is gated and not accessible to the public around 1/2 mile before the trail crosses.  Someone please correct me if this is not correct.  You might consider  parking a shuttle car near the gates.  Big Protrero Truck Trail may be another option, again you would need to pre-position a shuttle car.  Public transport is not an option.  You could contact an airport shuttle service but bet that would be $100.  Good luck

Thumper aka dofdear

Patrick Chaiken straw2012 at gmail.com wrote:

Hello All,

We are heading out and will be on the trail on April 20th.  My Girlfriends
parents are driving us out there and wanted to join us for the first 15
miles of our trip, however we can't seem to find a way to transport them
back to their car after the day's hike.  Is there any type of cab service
or locals that are around campo that may be willing to drop the 4 of us off
at the boarder early friday morning, and then schedule a pick up later that
day around Hauser Creek Road (about 15 miles up trail?)

Thanks for the Help!!

Straw 2012!?!