[pct-l] Blisters

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Apr 15 11:55:20 CDT 2012

What saved me was "Compeed"  blister pads. They are great.
http://goo.gl/AF7xX

Open a hole in the blister, large enough it won't close back up. Let
it drain overnight, then in the morning, clean the area, and paint it
with compound tincture of benzoin (make sure you get the "compound"
form) then carefully put the compeed pad over the blister, smoothing
the edges, and leave it on till it falls off, usually more than 3
days.

Without the compound tincture of benzoin, it is hard to keep the pad
on long enough.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_benzoin

Absolutely magic. My day went from thousands of painful limping steps,
back to pleasant hiking.