[pct-l] Potential 2013 Hike

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 06:20:23 CDT 2012

As t o whether or not you'd be away too long, you really won't know until you try it.  If you miss them too much; go home and do anot her section next year.  No disgrace unless you put it on yourself.

Finishing in one year is not a test of character.  A lot of luck and external factors come into play - weather, snow pack, water availability, fires and reroutes, your own physical condition (blisters, knee pain, stress fractures, etc.).

Start out with the goal of enjoying the hike.  If you finish, great.   If Aug 25 arrives before you get to the border, be thankful you got a s far as you did and start planning for 2014.

Have a great hike.

Mango