[pct-l] Is the iPhone 4S the only camera you need?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Apr 4 12:19:26 CDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Deems <losthiker at sisqtel.net> wrote:
> when did phones become considered equal to cameras? Ansel hopefully is
> rolling over in his grave...geez..

Here is a really good article by a photo journalist on why he covered
a story for the NYTimes with his iPhone as a camera.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/finding-the-right-tool-to-tell-a-war-story/
http://goo.gl/UHyXM

==== excerpt====
Does it really matter what camera Damon Winter used to make these
beautifully composed images? I don’t think so. It’s the images that
are important.

Whenever possible, I avoid writing about camera gear. The photographer
takes the picture, not the equipment. Few people care what kind of
typewriter Hemingway used.

But it happens that Mr. Winter quickly realized — after trying a few
shots — that his iPhone would be an effective way to capture the
day-to-day trials of the First Battalion, 87th Infantry of the 10th
Mountain Division in northern Afghanistan.