[pct-l] iPhone 4S

Michael S michaels at skepticalraptor.com
Tue Apr 3 12:10:44 CDT 2012

The 4S has an 8 megapixel camera, 4 has a 5 megapixel.  The lenses are garbage, mainly because it's not a real camera with larger lenses; if smartphones put in real lenses, the phone would cost $1000.  The iPhone 4 has a f 2.8 lens, whereas the iPhone 4S has an f 2.4.  This means that the 4S can probably take better photos at a lower light level, though given the size of the imaging sensor, don't expect a lot.

You can actually purchase wide angel and telephoto lenses for small costs (and weight) to improve your shots:

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

Get the Instagram app if you haven't.  You can do some cool effects and easy sharing of the photos.

Michael
michaels at skepticalraptor.com
http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php