[pct-l] PCT-L - Most Common Causes of Thru-Dropout

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:38:24 CDT 2011

Tempest in a teapot.

It's self-evident that some of us hike 17 miles. Some of us hike 7. Some of
us hike 700. No one is out there handing out demerits for goals shorter than
a humungous thru-hike. I've never yet heard someone who hikes 500 miles be
"lumped together" with failure. WTF?

But we do celebrate one another for having done what we set out to do --
whatever that goal. And if the goal is astonishing, then we respond with
astonished praise. Nothing wrong with that.

If we freak out and quit in the middle of a hike then regret it later, okay,
it happens.

Now back to my workouts prepping for 2012. I've lost 25 lbs (another great
way to change base weight), am climbing an 8200 ft. tall mtn in Colorado
every day with my guys, and still working overtime to earn the moolah for
the PCT. Go-go-go-go-go.

Charles & the gang.