[pct-l] Milk Creek Bridge-GPW

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:28:27 CDT 2011

Yes, it is terribly overgrown, mostly in thimbleberries which are ripening
right now, and were delicious!!  We also had a hit of porcini buttons ($80
per lb in the gourmet markets in the Bay Area) on the ski runs at Steven's
Pass and cooked them up at the Dinsmores.  Hoka-Hey declared them the best
mushrooms he'd ever eaten.  Spring flowers in bloom at the same time as an
autumn mushroom.  That's how late the season is this year.  The whole
section is exploding in flowers.  The pack will have a lovely hike in N. WA,
if the snows don't come early.

Shroomer