[pct-l] Hiking Barefoot?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Sep 5 00:55:24 CDT 2011

People talk about this all the time but nobody has gotten very far
barefoot or in VFFs. The only person I'm aware of who did any
appreciable distance is Crow who has extensive hiking experience, and
yet she only wore them for most of Northern California. She brings up
some things most barefoot/minimal shoe folks don't consider, such as
the additional and exhausting mental energy it takes.
http://asthecrowflies.org/2010/12/14/hiking-barefoot-vibram-five-
fingers-on-the-pct/

You may consider hiking barefoot a portion of each day that it is
possible and wear some kind of shoes where it is not. Even the
Tarahumara strap on heavy car tire sandals.