[pct-l] Castella Post Office under review

Andrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Thu Oct 27 13:36:23 CDT 2011

All POs that hikers ship their resupply boxes to next season should call
each PO and make sure they are still going to be open for the whole season.
Looks like our PO in Baring will be closing. Skykomish will still be open
and that is where all our hiker mail comes in at. We have had some hikers
sent their mail to our house address. That's a NO-NO. We have only gotten it
because we are a tiny town here and know the Postmaster. Next year it will
be returned to sender. We have no mail delivery to our house and are 8 miles
away from the Skykomish PO Box. We go to Skykomish daily during hiker season
to pick up boxes.

PCT MOM
Dinsmore's Hiker Haven
Skykomish/Baring