[pct-l] Hiking Oregon and Washington this upcoming summer

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Oct 25 19:01:13 CDT 2011

If it all possible, hike Aug-Sep. You'll hit the ebbing bugs, and as in 2011
ebbing snow packs.  You'll also be buzzed by the northbound thruhikers which
is always fun.  These are the months I've hiked Or thru Wash, and I still
had more bugs than I woulda liked, but the thruhikers made up for it. Expect
the potential of cold rains and snow,  broiling heat for days, both
sometimes the same week. I loved Oregon and Washington.
www.pbase.com/losthiker
 http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/root&view=recent
I am currently planning a trip through Oregon and
Washington on the PCT for July-August or August-September and I would love
any and all advice, tips, and insight you may have about your similar
experiences.