[pct-l] I failed my thru hike this year!!!!!!

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:55:06 CDT 2011

Jeff wrote:

It is NOT necessary to condition properly before a trip.  I know I'm going
to get yelled at for asserting this.  Remember, HYOH, and everything lies on
a continuum.  If you aren't in condition, six miles a day for a week is a
good start...

Well, yeah, you can certainly do a conditioning regime on the trail by
starting out very slowly.  No problem with that.  The problem comes when
people try to skip conditioning before the trip and then jump straight into
cranking 20 mile days.  That's . . . painful.  Some people survive it but
many don't.

Eric