[pct-l] Highlights of the Socal PCT? Best 2 day segments?

William Adelman wadelman at socal.rr.com
Fri Oct 14 19:07:45 CDT 2011

Hi to all.  I'm a beginner's beginner, eager to get started.  So far I've
only been on the trail for an overnight near Tehachapi (the stars burned
themselves into my brain) and saw the trail at Indian Canyon near Acton when
I was looking for a route up to Magic Mountain.  My problem is that I don't
have the luxury of longer-than-weekend trips during the time I want to hike.
Maybe a couple of weeks at most during the summer and a week during the
winter.  Has anyone ever put together a list of great 2, 2.5 day hikes on
the trail?  Particularly in the Southern California area?  It's ok, if you
don't want my kind just greet me with a bracing silence.  J