[pct-l] Long Distance Hikers and $

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 11:06:14 CDT 2011

Thanks, Heather, and thanks, Graycie. (Uh-oh, Heather ~ did you just give me
my trail name ahead of time? I've wondered what it would end up being). :-D

Heather, I suspect you are going to surprise you soon -- and often. As Bette
Davis said in that great film *All About Eve*, "Fasten your seat belts."

I know some folks raise their eyebrows when I say this (but I'll risk it,
since I'm not shy): the middle-aged and well-aged women I've known deeply
and well have taught me that women's trajectories in life really are quite
often quite different than are men's trajectories -- and much
misunderstanding and strife comes when men & women don't embrace that, when
they try and presume one's model fits the other.

You go, girl!

Cheers,

~Charles