[pct-l] shoe size

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:04:23 CDT 2011

Most of my distance running and hiking in the years preceding my thru hike
was without a sizable pack, and that is when I got the big increase in foot
size.  So I don't think it is having a pack or not, at least in my case, so
much as simply the long distances running and walking, that grow the feet.
 I have always been a backpacker for several weeks a year from my
adolescence to my mid 50's, and those distances, carrying a pack, never
brought about a change.  It was retirement, and having the time to train for
a marathon, and almost daily running and hiking that brought about the
change.  Certainly weight may have some effect, but for me, it happened
before real distance backpacking, i.e. a thru hike, began.

Shroomer