[pct-l] Base weight

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 13:16:22 CDT 2011

Case,
In regards to the camera, I just bought a Canon 60D.  It is a step up from the "Rebel" line of Canons.  It is a plastic bodied camera so it is still almost as light as the entry level Rebels.  There are 3 reasons I spent the extra money on it ($1300 total);  First, it is available in a kit with an 18-200mm lense.  This saves you money while giving you a very versatle lense that may not be professional quality, but is able to do the widest range of pictures with just one lense.  This goes a long way towards keeping the inside of your camera clean in a challenging environment.  Secondly the screen folds out and can flip over giving you the ability to take photos at odd hieghts and angles and more importantly, can be folded away with the screen facing the camera and totally protected from the wear and tear of being carried in a back pack.  Lastly, the camera has a window on the top that gives you key information on each picture.  This is where you
 would go to set the aperature or shutter speed, ISO, or focusing mode or timed shutter release.

If you want more info, contact me at charlesnolie at yahoo.com

Charles Williams

Pct-L at backcountry.net
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: