[pct-l] tarps and short trips - in Michigan

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Oct 9 12:34:38 CDT 2011

All I know about it is that to sew one yourself you will need a LOT
of pins and a walking foot on your sewing machine. You may find
useful information on the backpacking light forums in the DIY
section. You may even find someone there from Michigan if their
profile has that info. Lots of people start their sewing off with
making a tarp or bivy sack with silnylon. It's a challenge to sew.
I've never tried it.