[pct-l] some stats on a few trail non-profits

gschenk1 at roadrunner.com gschenk1 at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 30 09:50:01 CST 2011

---- Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes <diane at santabarbarahikes.com> wrote:
> I would suggest to anyone who thinks the PCTA wastes too much money
> on staff, salaries and offices, to please come out to the Los Padres
> forest and hike some of our trails. I'd suggest some of our local
> favorites, such as Hurricane Deck Trail or how about the Upper
> Sisquoc or why not try something like the Don Victor Trail if you're
> really wanting to get away from it all.
>
> I used to be in love with my backcountry until I hiked the PCT. Now
> it just makes me cry. We have no trails. Just bear tracks and old
> cuts you can find while crawling on your belly in the chaparral.

Diane,

It is a real shame how the trail and trail camp network up there has been so neglected. It's beautiful country, and makes great winter hiking and backpacking.

Nothing wrong with spilling a little blood, though. It's required to get to some of the cool spots in Los Padres and the San Gabriels.

Gary