[pct-l] History of Backpacking

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Tue Nov 29 15:04:46 CST 2011

I agree with those who have had enough of Reinhold. His posts are abusive, sexist, political and worst of all, not funny. He has on occasion harassed people beyond the board through their private emails as well - I have seen him do this to women on the board.

The definition of a troll:
"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Reinhold obviously fits this to a T. In his post he writes,

"It should be noted that a liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily
respond to the above.
A conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute
truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other
true believers and to more liberals just to tick them off.
I think I will now sign off and retreat to the safety of my? "Lurker
Bunker"? for I hear the distant thunder of the
"Heavy Artillery", aimed at me by those that don't believe in the
absolute truth of this history lesson."

His only intent is to perform the role of a troll and he freely discloses that. Trolls should be excluded from the community.

Reinhold is a great athlete for his accomplishments on the JMT. More power to ya! Go do what you do best. However, we are seeing in the news recently that someone can be an athletic hero and at the same time be a reprehensible person or at least one that you shouldn't have to listen to. In this case, we shouldn't have to listen to this, and shouldn't have to be enablers to this type of abusive behavior.

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln