[pct-l] History of Backpacking

chiefcowboy at verizon.net chiefcowboy at verizon.net
Mon Nov 28 14:45:37 CST 2011

Perhaps it is time to take another look at whether these posts are
appropriate or not.  We, in the normal course of discussion, find ourselves
in enough minor conflicts of opinion as to whether to filter or not, to
carry a stove or not, etc. that we certainly don't need to post anything
that could be considered a personal attack on an individual's beliefs.  At
times the exchanges appear to be between two individuals only and with out
relevance to the others reading (or lurking) the list so it might be more
appropriate to take their private discussions to another format - ie
personal e-mail.

I know that Brick doesn't want this to become a political forum and allows a
certain amount of dissention  between posters, but there comes a point when
one must ask "What does this really have to do with the PCT, the PCTA,
hiking. etc.

Just my thoughts.