[pct-l] ED compensation

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Mon Nov 28 13:11:09 CST 2011

But as the inspired, we can do more...call and email all our hiking friends and convince them the PCTA needs?their?help to complete their mission: to protect, preserve, and promote the Pacific Crest Trail!

My question for some years now is, how big do we want to become. When I first started with the Association there were two paid employees. Now there are 18 (or at least that’s what I once read). The main theme of the Association over the last 10 years has been – we need more money. I am not necessarily criticizing present management, but truly wanting to know when is enough? Will we always now be an organization that states we always need more money? At what point does furthering’s WHAT we do vs. just give us more money? Yes, due to inflation “more” to some extend will be understandable, and buying more property is an on going process...so is the dye cast? The main purposes of the agency is to raise money? I don’t like that. I’d rather there be another issue of the Communicator; clinics; instructional meetings, etc. I’d like to get more from the agency; then I’d be talking a different tune and even donate in additiona to my membership fees. I do not have that tendency when 90% of what we hear from the Association is we need more money? Will “the mission” ever be complete?

are we there yet